What is Psoriasis?
Psoriasis is a chronic, non-contagious autoimmune disease which affects the skin. It can be a lifelong condition. It usually causes red scaly patches (plaques) to appear on the skin, and can sometimes initially be mistaken for Eczema. The plaques are areas of inflammation and excessive skin production. Plaques frequently occur on the skin of the elbows and knees, but can affect any area including the scalp and genitals. Psoriasis is a prolonged inflammation of skin. The causes of psoriasis are still unclear.
There are a number of important homeopathic remedies for psoriasis:
- Arsenic Album – excellent psoriasis remedy in which psoriasis, worse by cold application and wetness, better by warmth.
- Kali Brom – remarkable psoriasis remedy in which there is syphilitic psoriasis. Skin cold, blue, spotted corrugated, large, indolent, painful pustules.
- Kali Ars – Kali Ars is a very well proved psoriasis remedy with patches on back, arms and spreading from elbows; scaly itches, scaling off leaves behind red skin.
- Sulphur – great psoriasis remedy helpful in so many other skin manifestations also
- Thyrodinum – one of the best psoriasis remedy for chilly and anemic subjects. Dry impoverished skin; cold hands and feet
- Radium Brom – psoriasis of penis, itching eruptions on face oozing, Patchy erythema on forehead
There are a number of other homeopathic remedies that should be studied:
Arsenic alb, Ars Iod, Aurum Met, Calcaria Carb, Graph, Hydrocotyle, Lycopodium, Merc Sol, Mezarium, Petrolium, Psorinum, Puls, Rhus Tox, Sepia, Silicea, Selenium, Thuja, Tuberculinum.